Misdiagnosis is common area for medical negligence claims. If you suspect that you didn’t get the care you deserved, either by your GP, in hospital or by another health professional such as a physiotherapist or chiropractor, please contact us for a free discussion.
Half a million patients are harmed and 3,000 die each year as a direct result of safety failings from doctors, dentists, physiotherapists and chiropractors. Sometimes doctors make mistakes by failing to diagnose a health problem, diagnosing the wrong condition (misdiagnosis) or delaying the diagnosis.
Hospital errors can cause serious damage and injury, and common mistakes include:
– Failure to take a patient’s history into account
– Failure to examine a patient properly or to note all their symptoms
– Failure to carry out the right investigations (including X-rays, scans and blood tests)
– Failure to interpret investigations properly
– Administrative errors
Sometimes doctors make mistakes in treating a condition, with common types of compensation claims being:
– Failure to give the correct treatment
– Failure to notice when patients get worse
– Errors in surgery
– Failure to provide adequate care after surgery